If you read Laura’s comment on my last blog and are also wondering if I’m done with my Christmas shopping, the answer is, no, not exactly. What I said was that I bought the last of the gifts I wanted to get for the KIDS. I am done buying gifts for Kalena and Will. However, I am also mostly done with the rest of my shopping. I have 4 or 5 gifts left to get, and I know what I’ll be getting for at least 3 of those. This is my favorite part of Christmas shopping: waiting for the gifts to arrive. I know you’re dying to know, so here’s my Christmas shopping method:
1) Decide what to get people. This requires a list for some people, not for others. Usually I only get a list from Brian.
2) Price shop. Mostly online, although I did check ads while I was looking at toys for the kids.
3) Order stuff. Or go to the store to pick it up, whichever is cheaper. I usually find stuff online for less, but this year I found most of the kids stuff in store.
4) Wait for online orders to arrive. This is my favorite part because I feel like I’m getting something done every time I get a new package, even though it’s just the mail.
5) Wrap gifts. Alright, this isn’t really a shopping step, but you do have to do it. I like to wait and wrap all my gifts at once when I’m in a wrapping mood. Feels extra productive and you only have to get all that crap out one time.
How do you shop?