Here’s last year’s: 2012
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Sent Kalena to kindergarten. Watched Brian graduate from college!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I made resolutions for 2013 (and I probably did) I don’t remember them. My resolution for 2014 is: survive. Wish me luck!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister! And my sister in law! And some lovely internet friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Brian’s. As always.
6. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’m stealing last year’s answer here: nobody in my personal life, and too many in the media.
7. Who did you miss?
Far away friends. My sisters.
8. Who was the best new person you met?
How can I pick just one?!
9. Where did you travel?
Charleston, South Carolina for the Blathering! With the family, Utah a couple times. Denver. Estes Park. Pueblo.
10. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A steady income!
11. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Friday, December 13th. Brian’s college graduation! It’s especially fun for me that he graduated on a Friday the 13th, because I also graduated college on a Friday the 13th, in May of 2005.
12. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Preparing to move a thousand miles away while hugely pregnant.
13. What was your biggest failure?
Ugh. I feel like there was a lot of failure on my part this year.
14. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Nothing serious anyway.
15. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to Charleston.
16. Where did most of your money go?
17. What did you get really excited about?
Brian’s graduation! And his new job! And our move! (December was quite the month around here.)
18. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier. Life’s been good. Fatter. Being 31 weeks pregnant will do that to you. Poorer. Until Brian actually starts work we’re pretty much broke.
19. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Keeping up with my hobbies.
20. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being impatient with my kids.
21. What did you want and get?
For Brian to get a job! (I feel like it’s cheating to answer this way since really BRIAN got the job and I had nothing to do with it. But still.)
22. What did you want and not get?
Winning lottery tickets?
23. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with the family. Very low key this year with everything else that’s going on.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I really liked White Collar. Not that I ever watched any current episodes, only what’s on Netflix.
25. What were your favorite books of the year?
I’m gonna go with “The Dog Stars” even though I think I’m the only one who liked it.
26. What was your favorite music from this year?
Uhhhh, anything I can sing along with.
27. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I have no idea.
28. What were your favorite films of the year?
I don’t know. I fail at pop culture.
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None. I’m not big on celebrities. (Again, failing at pop culture.)
30. What political issue stirred you the most?
Let’s not talk politics on my blog.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31! I had a migraine. We did take-out sushi and ice cream cake the next day to make up for it.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I feel pretty satisfied.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Elastic waist. Maternity pants really are the best.
34. What kept you sane?
The internet. Phone calls to my sisters. The best husband in the world.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
There might not be nothing I love more than seeing my kids love each other.