I have several posts I need to catch up on (Will’s birthday, Christmas) but let’s start with the biggest thing: We moved! Things got off to a rough start. Brian picked up the moving truck, loaded the storage unit into it and that was it. Nothing else was going in. Now, our storage unit had a LOT of our stuff, but definitely not everything. So he had to unload everything, get a bigger truck and then re-load it all. Poor guy. That took all day on Thursday, then we got up Friday at 4 AM to get on the road. We knew the drive would be a long one, so we wanted to get started as soon as we could. And LONG it was. Brian and my dad drove in the moving truck (always slow going, especially up the mountains) and I drove our car with Brian’s mom and the kids (also slow going because: 3 kids 5 and under.) After a whopping SIXTEEN HOURS in the car (and various fast food restaurants and gas stations) we arrived at our destination. From the very western most part of Colorado to the very eastern most part of Kansas. Apparently we have a thing for living on the state line.
We spent the night in a hotel Friday night because hey! Super late when we got here! Then Saturday several guys from church came and helped us move in. That was, fortunately, very quick. We’re very much still working on where to put everything. We’re renting a townhouse and kitchen space and closet space are pretty minimal.
So far we’ve:
- Started Kalena at her school here
- Started Daniel’s Early Intervention stuff
- Leased a car! (Honda civic. We left our older car in GJ to sell.)
- Opened a bank account
- Taken Daniel to a walk-in pediatric clinic and discovered he has croup! (Fun morning today.)
- Unpacked not nearly as many boxes as I had hoped.
I still need to:
- Find myself a doctor. This is kind of a big one.
- Uhhhhh, unpack the rest of the boxes. (Doesn’t that make it sound easy?)
And there you have it. I’m exhausted.