I know I’ve done this in past years, but I’m too lazy to look them up & link them.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Had a kid need overnight stay in the hospital (outside of immediately post birth.) Daniel had surgery and they kept him overnight to monitor him. I feel lucky that this is the first time we’ve had to do this in almost 8 years of parenting.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make resolutions last year beyond: survive the year. Which I did! Yay! I do plan on making more this year. Lydia is finally doing more sleeping, and I feel like we’re in a better routine. A routine that’s more than just- do whatever it takes to make it through the day. (Don’t get me wrong, there are still days like that, but I feel like we’re finally moving past survival mode.)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My college roommate, a few friends from church, some online friends, and my SIL.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t leave the country this year. As per the usual. I did visit some other states: Colorado, California (and I drove there with my mom and sisters so we also saw Utah and Nevada.) and I went to Illinois for the first time! Also Missouri which hardly counts because we basically live there.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Better time management. Some sort of workout routine. A lipstick that doesn’t make me feel like I’m in stage makeup.
7. What moments from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Daniel naming all the letters for me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing comes to mind. Which is pretty depressing.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having enough patience with the kids
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New iPhone! First time I’ve had a new iPhone of my own instead of a hand-me-down.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Brian’s, as always. And the big kids. We have some really great kids.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Many people in the news.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage. Bills. Super fun things like that.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas this year. We didn’t move!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Who knows. Probably some Justin Beiber crap that I don’t even know is by Justin Beiber.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
b) Same. SADLY. I started weight watchers & lost about 15 lbs and then gained most of it back and blahhhhh.
c) Basically the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read. Exercise. Write.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Time wasting. Pretty sure I say this every year, which I think means I should REALLY do something about it.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home! No traveling, no company until after Christmas. It was really great.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
I feel super cheesy saying this, but I fall in love with Brian all over again every year.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Arrow. Archer. The Great British Baking Show.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
All The Light We Cannot See. I actually listened to the audio book, but I really loved this one.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m not a “musical discovery” kind of person.
26. What did you want and get?
Some more downtime during the day. I skew to the very far introverted side of the spectrum and I go a little nuts when I don’t get any downtime. Having 3 kids go to school in the morning has helped A LOT with this.
27. What did you want and not get?
Lydia to start sleeping through the night EVERY NIGHT and also to start talking. (I’m actually planning to call and get her evaluated by early intervention next week.) Also, to magically fit back in my pre-Lydia pants.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Jurassic World! But I haven’t seen Star Wars yet. So.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my actual birthday? I think we got takeout sushi? But I considered going to the Hoopla my birthday celebration. I turned 33. First year since I was 24 that I haven’t either A) been pregnant or B) had a baby under age 1.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would find it super satisfying if Brian and I could get our acts together and stick to our budget. GAH.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Loungewear. Don’t worry though, for 2016 I bought new, nicer loungewear.
32. What kept you sane?
Brian. Internet friends. My sisters.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t talk politics on the blog. Or anywhere, basically.
35. Who did you miss?
My sisters. My parents. My long distance friends.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oooohh, tough one! I met some lovely new ladies at the Hoopla, (plus one who SHOULD have been there & then couldn’t be.)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
That weight watchers doesn’t work if you don’t actually count points. (Alright, I knew this before, but learned it FROM EXPERIENCE this year.)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Old song, but from Just Another Day In Paradise (Phil Vasser) “Well there’s no place that I’d rather be.”