If you didn’t read yesterday’s post, do that now, then come back here. Back? Alright. I got a few more of the reply all e-mails early this morning, but that seemed to be the end of it. Then around 9:30 this morning I got an e-mail explaining what happened. It seems a new employee inadvertently used the wrong distribution list (this much I figured from the beginning) and IT is working to increase security regarding who can access the company-wide e-mail distribution lists (uh, yeah. Good idea.) The e-mail went on to say that fortunately the IT group had disabled the distribution list before the problem got too bad. Sadly, for me that means I missed out on lots more good blogging material and a probable server crash. Too bad.
The e-mail also included a lovely presentation on e-mail etiquette. Included were helpful hints such as: don’t type in all caps, don’t over use the high priority marking (I’m looking at you, admin assistant who marked all 3 reply all “this isn’t supposed to come to me” e-mails high priority), don’t over use read receipts, use proper spelling and grammar (maybe keep a dictionary next to your desk so you can look up how to spell “stop”), don’t swear (okay, it didn’t actually say that, but maybe it should have), and of course, be prudent when replying to all! I’m sure all the people who made mistakes like these will read this presentation and be sure to NEVER make those mistakes again. Or something.
Mardi tagged me to do this survey about my husband so here it is:
1) Where did you meet? At a party. Brian tells me it was a birthday party, but neither of us knows who it was for.
2) How long til you got married? 9 months
3) How long have you been married? 2 years and (almost) 5 months
4) Your favorite feature of his? His eyes
5) Your favorite quality of his? His good natured helpfulness
6) Does he have a nickname for you? Ummm, he mostly calls me babe. Is that a nickname?
7) His favorite food? I’m gonna go with soup. Seriously, this kid loves soup more than you would believe.
8) What is his favorite sport to watch? Football for SURE.
9) When was your first kiss? At the end of our first date
10) What’s your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to Best Buy. Okay, I don’t really know. But we do go to Best Buy an awful lot.
11) Do you have kids? Yes, a daughter who’s almost 6 months old. Although, I’m not sure how she can be that old since I’m pretty sure I just had her like last week.
12) Does he have a hidden talent? He’s an excellent cook
13) How old is he? 25
14) Who said I love you first? He did
15) What do you admire most about him? His work ethic
16) What is his favorite type of music? I don’t really know; he listens to everything
17) Do you think he will read this? Eventually, I’m sure
18) I tag Kirsta
P.S. I wrote this post over my lunch hour, but I wanted to read through it once more before I posted it and then I almost forgot! I was already in bed when I realized it was still just saved as a draft. Luckily I’m so dedicated to NaBloPoMo that I got up just to post. Of course, if I hadn’t already had something written, I’m sure I would have written like 2 sentences before going back to bed. Which is where I’m going now.